NAIS / NBOA National Town Hall Meeting
The first national town hall meeting between NAIS Annual Conference goers and the National Business Officers Association (NBOA) Symposium attendees occured on Wednesday, February 23, 2011. NBOA members assembled across town at the Capital Hilton, 250+ schools joined via webinar, and a crowd of independent school leaders attended in person at the Gaylord National Convention Center to explore "Financial Sustainability: Where Are We Now?" Our panel of experts guided discussions on how independent schools can cultivate their financial sustainability to survive -- and thrive -- in these turbulent times.
Our expert line-up of presenters (AKA, "financial gurus" with sage advice) included:
- MODERATOR Barb Egan, vice president for finance and administration, Woodward Academy (GA)
- MODERATOR Kate Curtin Lindsey, director of finance, The Hewitt School (NY)
- Joseph Dziwura, senior managing director for risk management, TIAA-CREF
- Skip Kotkins, trustee, Lakeside School (WA); chairman and CEO, Skyway Luggage Company
- Scott Looney, head of school, Hawken School (OH)
- Tracy Savage, senior consultant, Marts and Lundy (VA)
- Jeff Wack, president, JTWack and Company (CT)
Click here to read bios of the presenters.
Our small groups took notes. Click on the links below to read their brainstorming.
- Small group notes from Liz Duffy
- Small group notes from Corey McIntyre
- Small group notes from Dennis Bisgaard
This session was presented with generous support from TIAA-CREF.